Tuesday 8 September 2009

Time to get personal

14st 13lb. Again. I am trying so hard and do feel I could be losing a tiny bit faster. I am walking (even with a bad back and after a busy day at work), trying hard to drink water, eating sensibly (very), not cheating and can't remember the last time I had chocolate. More to the point, I don't even want any, which is amazing in it's own right! I think the most unjust thing about dieting, healthy eating, eating sensibly or whatever else you want to call it, is that you can be really good for a fortnight and lose 2/3lb, but I can guarantee that if I was really naughty for 2 days I would gain 2/3 lb minimum - where's the fairness in that?!

Anyway, I need to look at the issues here. Why is my weight loss so steady? Well, to get personal, I think it's constipation. If I sit doing Sudoku on our loo for any more protracted spells, I am sure I will either have a hernia, get piles or bring on a prolapse! I just don't understand it but I feel like a barrage balloon. I am eating veg and bran for fibre, avoiding bread (which is not as hard as I thought it would be) and I am drinking (I've resorted to red wine tonight). So, what's up? For lunch today, I had forgotten my soup, so ended up having a tablespoon of mushy peas with two tablespoons of baked beans. When I went on my quick march walk tonight, I barely needed to move my legs - I was propelled along like a hovercraft! I even had to do a longer circuit as I spied other people on my usual way back and I thought they would hear me. The upshot is that, in addition to beans and mushy peas, I have taken Syrup of Figs and a glass of red wine - if that doesn't "move" me, then I have no hope! Any other suggestions? (may I take this opportunity to say how much I love your comments - keep them coming!)

On a lighter note, I was listening to Radio 4's Today programme this morning and heard an interview with Arabella Weir and someone called Viv Groskop - I find Arabella Weir very funny and clever, but even she was fairly silenced by the incredibly arrogant, rude and misguided Viv. Arabella was talking about giving in to children and how her daughter has just gone to secondary school and had to have a purple protractor for maths, like all her friends. She was basically saying that she will give in on the little things but stand firm on the bigger issues. I am sure every parent in the country was shouting at the radio at Viv - surely every parent knows, never judge anyones parenting skills until you have gone passed that stage yourself. God I laughed and, uncharacteristically meanly, hope that Viv's little angel (aged 6) becomes a demanding, stroppy little sod!

Praying for movement!

E xx

1 comment:

  1. good old prune juice works a treat. made some carrot soup today and had a mug full with 2 oatcakes with thin coating of peanut butter. very tasty and high protein. am not being really strict enough to lose anything yet but have stopped putting it on. have bought some slimfast for the occasional total meal replacement. have found in the past that it can work a treat and give a boost to weight loss. jen xx

    ReplyDelete