Friday 4 September 2009

3 weeks over - 8lbs off

15st 0lbs. Still. Sorry not to be dynamically shaving off a couple of pounds a day. However, tomorrow will be the day that I drop under 15st. I am confident. I can't wait to write 14st.....! We shall see.

My youngest daughter started secondary school today. She was her usual fairly matter of fact self and didn't seem phased. It helps that she has two big sisters in school and at least one cousin in each year group. As for me, where has that little dimpled dumpling gone? She was the smiliest baby with beautiful dimples on the top of both cheeks (which she still has) and a happy demeanor. She is now quite independent, very organised, bossy, opinionated......and absolutely delightful. I hope that she will continue to blossom. Patsy Thompson, a very lovely lady who used to work with me and sadly died a few years ago, said that you have to give your children roots and wings - roots to know where their home is and wings to fly as high as they want to. How wise and apt. What a responsibility. I tell my eldest that it feels like swimming through thick soup sometimes trying to guide and advise without stunting their natural growth and spirit of adventure.

On the diet front, I made the soup with pearl barley. I just did onions, carrots, a bit of swede, sweet potato, organic chicken stock cube, pearl barley, lots of black pepper and then added spinach at the end. I had roasted a leg of lamb yesterday for the photos so I chopped a bit up and added it to the pot. Rather tasty though I say it myself and very "meal in a bowl" satisfying.

I had a good long walk with the dog and kept up a good pace - walk through the pain of bad knee and back I kept chanting, walk through the pain. It worked at the time but now I am a bit slow to get going. However, nothing to stop me having a good walk tomorrow as well so I'll try a different route. I really need Ben"the relentless"Smith back for tennis coaching - coming up on Wednesday apparently so watch out Ben - podge needs you!

Failed miserably on the drinking water front - forgot that promise completely. Will try harder tomorrow.

Got middle daughter to take a photo today so that you (who don't know me) have an indication of what I look like. I thought I'd look smart for school visit and was feeling pretty pleased with myself when I set off. Trousers which hadn't fitted a month ago now fit comfortably and I had actually made the effort to blow dry my hair (rather than let it take control itself). All in all I felt confident for me. And then I saw the photo. The me I was imagining and looking down on, looked nothing like that! From where I look, my stomach is not too bad (admittedly I can't really see over my boobs). On my walk tonight, I estimated that I carry around 8st between my knees and my waist. I really do have the most enormous bottom.

It may take more than a few walks and bowls of soup to shift!

Here's hoping for a downward shift tomorrow (of weight, not my buttocks!)

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment