Friday 18 September 2009

Shrink in horror!

14st 12lb. Well this one could be debated as the scales said 14st 11lb first and then 14st 12 twice afterwards - I decided to go with the best of three and save any definite loss for another day. My middle daughter was with me and couldn't believe my restraint. I think one of the morals of the story is to invest in some scales that weigh accurately and won't vary everytime you stand on them.

On a positive note, my lovely photographers said yesterday that I was definitely looking slimmer and healthier than two weeks ago - result! In answer to your comments, don't worry Jen, no intention of falling off the wagon. Shame on you Advoco for suggesting Bacardi Breezers and pork scratchings - it would have to be Bailey's and chocolate brownies! Liked your article on ehow - sensible advice, thanks.

I have done something very unusual. I have voluntarily eaten grapefruit for breakfast. To say this is a rarity is an understatement. I see grapefruit on the shelves and it screams "you are on a diet, podge, eat me!". I ignore it. I hate them. Who wants to eat a fruit that makes you purse your mouth like a dog's bottom - I'm not a pretty sight at the best of times at the breakfast table. I have visions of my father, who professes to love grapefruit, standing in the kitchen, looking as if he is swallowing a wasp. No, for me it's the comfort of warm Weetabix, porridge or natural yoghurt with muesli. I love breakfast and couldn't skip it (unless I'm very wired and need to be off to work) - I was born at 7.30am, just in time for breakfast, and I think it's had a profound influence on my eating habits. I would be the perfect advert for the "Kelloggs Challenge" where two meals a day are cereal - if I didn't eat my normal excess of food as well.

Well, yesterday I had to make a citrus salad for a photograph for the cook book - it was a combination of white and pink grapefruit, oranges and fresh mint. It looked gorgeous all juicy and inviting in the morning sun - "get up and zing with a citrus salad" (I don't actually say that).
Anyway, it seemed a shame to waste all that preparation so I decided to be virtuous (and I was feeling a little stodgy after yesterday's little pickings) and have some for breakfast. As it took the inner lining off my mouth, I swallowed it and....my stomach is instantly flatter and I've lost 10inches off my waist. It's the shock of the sour - everything shrinks in horror. It's great! I'm going to retrain my taste buds to have this experience at least 3 times a week! I will be skinny in no time. And I'm going to play tennis today - oh the virtue, the halo is gleaming, I am light as air!

Look out tomorrow as I am sure this is going to be the day when the scales finally realise they have been ignoring my efforts (then I'm going back to twice a week weigh in again).

Happy days! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment