Wednesday 23 September 2009

Not an angel!

It started well. Natural, low fat yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of muesli. Then I was baking (6 large cakes with icing) and my finger worked it's way from the mixing bowl to my mouth with rather more frequency than the diet demands. Then I got shunted off the road by a van which was being driven far too fast for little country road and, by the time I had exchanged details, I was going to be late for a funeral so I rushed in, grabbed 2 pieces of seedy bread and spread them with cream cheese and piccallili, got changed, rushed out and made it to the church just in time, but with indigestion. Did well at the tea as only had mineral water and a triangle of ham sandwich. When I got home I had to feed the girls in a hurry so made a pasta bake with tomatoes, sweetcorn and a bit of chorizo sausage that was left in the fridge and a sprinkling of cheese. Then, for no other reason than....1) the boiler still isn't fixed so a) the kitchen is in turmoil b)the sitting room is in turmoil as it's full of everything out of the kitchen c) there is no chance of any hot water, therefore no bath again 2) the funeral couldn't have been more beautiful but they are by nature, emotionally draining and 3) I just did.....I ate two chocolate digestives that were left in the packet I left out for the plumbers and a large piece of Emily's birthday cake - a particularly sickly, gorgeous confection of sponge, jam, butter icing with white fondant icing and loads of love hearts sweets. The latter of course, was actually eaten in about 10 small pieces with me kidding myself that I was only having a taster - 10 times!

Also, having bumped my car, I proceeded to eat all the painstakingly grown nails off my left hand - not calorific in any way but bloody annoying in every way! Now I can't decide whether to just go for it and thoroughly enjoy biting all the nails off my right hand or try re-growing the ones on my left. What a dilemma! I wonder if nail biting (which I have done automatically since I got teeth and really annoys me) is in any way connected with subconsciously transferring food to mouth, therefore, being over weight - we need a survey!

Anyway, the upshot of it is that I am disappointed in myself. Tomorrow I am playing tennis at 10am and then cleaning this filthy house (if I get hot water back on), proof reading and taking the dog on a route march walk. Thankfully, I'm not weighing myself until Friday so there's time to vindicate myself.

Sorry folks, but I'm only human!

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment