Monday 21 September 2009

Body shape

Not a weigh in day - this is the first time since I started this exercise that I will actually have lasted 3 days without hopping on the scales (and then off, on again, off, a little kick, on again - give up!) Tomorrow is the day for the scales and I am hopeful of another pound off - I have been enjoying my diet and being sensible. Today, I skipped the grapefruit and ended up with a piece of seedy toast (it had seeds in, not that it was a regular in strip joints) as I was late for work. For lunch I had a chopped up tomato with a boiled egg and for supper, again in a hurry, I had a slice of bread with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, prawns and peppered smoked mackerel. We shall see.

After yesterday's discussion (if it could be described as that) I thought I'd look up body shape on the internet. Apple, hourglass, skittle, vase, cornet, lollipop, column, bell, cornet, cello, pear, brick - the twelve different body shapes as defined by Trinny & Susannah. I remember their programmes and they always rattled on about underwear - I am inclined to agree. Even though I am a large peary cello I think, I look so much better without lumps and bumps - there are so many that I could have a new mountain range named after me! I was always a great fan of those tum and bum tights from a well known department store - but I do get fed up of spending a fiver on a pair of tights and then sticking my finger through them first time on in the effort to force them up and over the bulk. Once in place however, they do give a smooth line. Unlike control pants. I have succumbed and purchased them on a number of occasions offering various solutions. They are all in the drawer, having been worn once. The theory of course, is that they hold it all in and flatten bumps - in my experience, they just push it all elsewhere. The last ones I bought certainly slimmed my hips - but my thighs literally jumped out from the bottom of the pants with a 2" solid ledge at either side. I once saw a sketch in which I think Jennifer Saunders put on various "slimming garments" - each to slim out the one before - ending up with an enormous chin and cheeks. Every woman who has ever bought a pair, can relate to her. They always give me stomach ache too - it must be the crushed organs!

Anyway, according to Trinny & Susannah, the lollipop is "sex on a stick, the female equivalent of the ferrari". God forbid, you should be a brick! With a name like that, you're never going to feel like a siren are you?

Work tomorrow. Busy day. Eldest daughter's 18th birthday - going to a gorgeous restaurant for supper (lots of fish though so I could be good!)

E xx

1 comment:

  1. Go for it you are doing so well. Get back on the grapefuit which works wonders for me. I have a small glass of fresh grapefruit in morning and one in evening. Not good though if you are on high blood pressure tablets so I am told!!

    As you are shedding the pounds, try and tone up to avoid all those hanging flab! I do body tone classes but if you get 'resistance bands' they can do the trick.

    I read your blog daily and am inspired!

    ReplyDelete