Monday 9 November 2009

Second Week. Me Month.

14st 3lb. Hey, good one! I woke up feeling slim (for me) and hopped on the scales with confidence - rewarded! Will have a good week.

I am doing ok at this focussing stuff. I have had a good walk every day for the past week and really enjoyed it. I don't seem to be making much progress in the fitness stakes though - I am still bright red and knackered by the time I get to the top of the Gill. I have been fortunate with the weather - no driving wind and rain to contend with yet. Rain I'm ok with, wind I am not. Work tomorrow but shouldn't be too late so may fit in my flirt with exercise. On Wednesday I have the joys of a scan on my leg in the morning followed by a fitting for my very attractive surgical stocking in the afternoon - my, my, the delights of being 44.

Anyway, I am feeling rather pleased with myself as I have been well ahead of trend in this blog. Last week, there was a report in the paper about "Thinheritance" (why thin, when the issue is fat?) - how a mother's attitude to her daughter's weight led to her own daughter having serious self loathing issues (I covered that weeks ago Daily Mail!). Today, the myths of being chubby - not eating enough puts your body into conservation mode (thinking it's starving) and so your weight plateaus - no, you plateau because your calorie intake is too high, ie, you eat too much! I have also tackled the fact that I will always eat enough - do you think the Daily Mail are poaching subjects from my blog??? Hmmm, interesting thought. I shall keep an eye out and then put in a bill.

I personally don't think a plateau is harmful, as long as you don't lose heart and go back to bad habits. Speaking as someone who has just had one for 6 weeks, it does allow your body to settle into the weight before starting the next phase with enthusiasm. It's like practising for the day you reach goal and have to maintain that plateau for ever more - as long as you don't plateau after each pound of course!

So, just four more pounds to go before I never see the 14stones again. Doesn't sound much. Sounds achieveable. Onward, ever onward.

E xx
PS Thank you Kestrel for your comments - makes perfect sense of course. It's like asking Him to sort my life out - I am sure He thinks it's fine already! x

No comments:

Post a Comment