Monday 16 November 2009

Riding high!

I am still in a very good, positive mood - two days running, this is worrying! You may notice that there is no weight today. This is for two reasons. The first is that I overindulged on Saturday with Christmas dinner and worse, pudding with rum sauce so I thought one more day of pure food would be more hopeful for the scales. The second is that I was glancing back through some old posts yesterday and noticed that I originally said I was going for the scales on Tuesdays and Fridays - therefore I am fully justified in delaying a day.

If ever I have deserved a weight loss, it is today. Having worked this morning, I came home at lunchtime and made gorgeous cheesey mushroom bake with toast for his nibs whilst only eating spaghetti hoops myself (I was in a hurry and I do have a bit of a weakness for them - and they are low in fat and calories). Then I took a look at the slate-grey sky threatening rain and the lure of the computer was powerful. However, I thought, "No! Get changed and get out there." I was a force to be reckoned with and, ten minutes later, a rather shocked (and slightly reluctant) Lucy and I set off up the gill on the long walk along Skelgill. During the walk, the slate-grey sky delivered its promised rain on the back of a very strong and icy wind. My ears were singing and I was freezing. However, I walked briskly, jogged enthusiastically and felt thoroughly pleased with myself. Half way round I had a cup of tea at a friend's house who, buoyed by my enthusiasm, joined me for the second half of the route (she has lost two and a half stone in the past 6 months!). All in all, an excellent, invigorating afternoon (with a good gossip thrown in).

I am now, rather guiltily, sitting in bed cocooned in the duvet, being gently warmed by the electric blanket, cup of tea to hand and laptop on knees. I think the bright red, cheetah-like markings all over my legs may have gone after an hour of warmth and peace. Worth the walk.

After yoghurt & muesli, spaghetti and salmon & spinach for tea, combined with exercise in extreme weather conditions, I am certainly deserving of a loss tomorrow.

Fingers crossed! Off to write that article.

E xx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear it's freezing - still shorts and T-shirts here. Spaghetti Hoops don't sound like a diet food to me but the exercise sure sounds rigorous. Reminds me of school runs at Sedbergh.

    ReplyDelete