Wednesday 11 November 2009

I'm loving Me Month!

I feel I've made up for yesterday. I really have enjoyed today from start to finish. After getting the girls off to school without incident, I went took Lucy out on the slightly longer Skelgill walk. I had to set off for the hospital by 10am and needed a shower beforehand so the pressure was on. I set a good pace and even broke into a bit of a run in places, when I could guarantee no audience. I felt inspired to actually set out to run part of it in future - it really gets the lungs working and the blood pumping. Unfortunately I just don't have the bladder for running (or the knees, hips, ankles, veins, internal organs) and I will make sure that I don't have a drink for at least two hours prior to setting out.

In fact, so inspired was I that, when I got back from Northallerton, I donned my trackies (not an alluring sight) and my very old trainers, drove up to the top of the moor and ran along an old track on the scar. I say ran. Stumbled might be more fitting but at least I made the effort. Lucy looked a little confused at first, leaping up at my side (probably ensuring I wasn't having some kind of fit) but, after a while she settled in to her usual running, sniffing, peeing and chasing. I like rhythm and have an obsession with counting so I counted to 10 ten times as I jogged, then walked the same, then jogged etc. It was good!

Today, I feel truly alive and positive about the future. The hospital visit went smoothly and I have been fitted for a pair of serious support stockings but, thankfully, they only come to below the knee and they are black. Sexy.

My diet has been good and I am sure I have recompensed for yesterday. I will find out on Friday. Tomorrow is another day all to myself. Lots to do but me to set the agenda. Excellent.

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment