Tuesday 10 November 2009

Bloody hell. What is it with me?

I had thought about pretending that I hadn't had time to write today, but then I thought, "No, no, Lizzie, that's not how it works. You have to confess."

I went to work determined to carry on yesterday's goodness. Started well enough with two Weetabix for breakfast. Behaved all morning and then got to lunchtime and....I ate fish with mushy peas! We're talking deep fried, in batter fish here, not lightly grilled. You see it was left over and would have been wasted. It looked so nice. So I had a "Sod it" moment and stuffed it down. I felt sick. I was so cross with myself. As slight vindictation, I got home, got changed and took Lucy out and I haven't had any supper. I am sorry.....again!

Other than my horrific car crash of a diet, nothing much happened. I did pass a comment at work that I could do with some "jocks" to keep my tights up - at our all-girls boarding school we wore thick, dark green outer knickers (jocks) over our normal knickers (presumably so that if we fell over, you couldn't see our pants). Apart from keeping your bottom warm, they held your tights up (you wore them over your tights). I happened to say how much I loved Boots opaque tights - they are more expensive than supermarket ones but they are lovely quality. Added to which, Boots also very kindly describe their big-girl tights as "TFF" not "XXL". One of my esteemed colleagues piped up with, "What, you'd rather be described as "Too F*****g Fat" than "Xtra Xtra Large"?!? (it actually stands for a very cuddly sounding Tall Fuller Figure). Cheeky woman!

Anyway, off to Northallerton tomorrow. Good walk before I go then a stock up on the market with inspiring fruit and vegetables. Back on the horse.....again!

E xx

PS My little notebook on the homepage of my computer has been changed from "My mummy is beautiful x" to "I've got a yummy mummy". Heart bursts. x

1 comment:

  1. Don't starve yourself - some battered fish won't harm you. And that's enough about "jocks" if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete