Tuesday 3 November 2009

Day 3 Me Month

14st 5lb. Good God. We're off the starting blocks without a false start! Long and fast may it continue. I have again done well on the diet front with a bit of fat free tea loaf for breakfast (I was cutting the ends off the loaf at work); my autumnal soup, a tangerine and a pear for lunch and an absolutely disgusting "healthy living" prawn sandwich from Tescos for supper (I knew I wouldn't have time to eat when I got home before going out to a meeting and I was famished) - it actually tasted off, even though it has two more days date on it. I contemplated throwing it out of the car window but hunger got the better of me (and a naughty little thought that a bit of food poisoning would certainly speed me along the road to 13stone!). Anyway, whilst in Tescos, I bought most of the fruit & veg department and felt utterly sanctimonious at the check-out with my super healthy trolley (the others in the queue were probably thinking "how does she stay so fat with a trolley like that?!). I got the most gorgeously ripe vine tomatoes to roast for my roast tomato and basil (smells like cat wee) soup tomorrow. I am really excited about making it. I also got the beetroot and am going to try it with a touch of horseradish I think for a bit of a kick (or with ginger and orange as an alternative - what do you think?). Thank you Sally for your comment about grapefruit (I bought a pink, ruby and white one to make a medley citrus salad with oranges - yes, I really am in the mood aren't I) - I too hate "pithing" about with them but the natural stomach crunches make it worth it!

I didn't get a walk today as I went to work early and then had to rush off to Northallerton (the great Metropolis) for a hospital appointment about my leg. The very nice consultant is the one who was not impressed with my efforts (or lack of) to lose weight last time I saw him. Well, he was cautiously pleased with the progress and delighted to hear I am "in the zone" and determined to continue in the right direction. My leg is awful and needs sorting - they could operate or could try the relatively new procedure which sounds like foam filler - I have visions of my leg expanding even more with solid rivulets running from thigh to ankle. I got heartily chastised for not wearing the prescribed surgical stockings - I made it sound as if I had forgotten to put them on after showering earlier in the afternoon - not that I have no idea where the ruddy things are, if indeed they haven't got thrown out. A bit like control garments, they have a habit of rolling down my fat thighs in a very neat roll that totally cuts off all blood supply to the leg and leads to total embarrassment as you subtly try to grapple with the middle of your leg. They are utterly gross. Anyway, apparently they are essential to the health of my leg. He has conceded that I can have one that comes to below the knee - in my experience, they just cut into the back of your knee and cut off the blood supply. I will give it a go - c'est la vie!

Whilst in the big city, I decided to go to Boots and stand on their "healthy weight scales" - how can scales have a healthy weight? I would love to say that my suspicions were correct and my scales have broken at 14 and a half stone because I was delighted to read 11st 7lb on the little print out - however, I obviously haven't been living with the fairies for long enough as the scales read 14st 7lb, as did the ones at the hospital. Never mind, I will get there.

So, end of day 3. Haven't found the peace yet but tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it's just me, my Kenwood mixer and Radio 4 tomorrow morning - bliss!

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment