Saturday 7 November 2009

Day 7 Me Month

Well, I've survived shopping! I had an alarming, and infuriating, start to the day in that I was abruptly awoken by my partner leaping out of bed shouting, "You f*****g woman. You've turned the alarm off!" (he really is very nice - normally). I protested that I hadn't touched the alarm at the same moment as he realised it was 5:50am not 6:50am as he had thought. A mumbled apology as he fairly sheepishly got back into bed, falling instantly back to sleep, leaving me shell shocked and not best pleased. Anyway, it prompted an earlier than expected start to my day and I used the unexpected hour to do a speedy sprint round the gill walk with a delighted Lucy. So, I started the day with a citrus salad and a zing in my step. I was in one of those "conquer the world" kind of moods (how or whose, I haven't planned).

I got off to Darlington, battled with the shops (and shoppers) and did a significant amount of my Christmas shopping. As I explained yesterday, this is not because I am in any way organised or enjoy wrapping up Christmas by the end of November, in fact I am quite the opposite, but, I needed to shop before I thought I couldn't afford it. The best part of being a bankrupt (or having been recently) is that you can't have any credit so, although I have barely an asset to my name, I don't have a debt either (not monetary anyway!). Shopping for Christmas on a damp afternoon in Darlington is not to be recommended - there is something terribly sad about no irritating music, cross parents, bored men, excitable teenagers (actually, there were hordes of them!). No, it's Christmas eve in future.

I managed to get by on a half egg mayonnaise sandwich which I made before I went and ate in the car, a pear and a banana. I had a skinny latte mid afternoon. No chocs, no treats, no naughties!!! GOOD GIRL!

Remembrance Sunday tomorrow. Time to come out of the closet about my faith I think.

E xx

2 comments:

  1. I have very fond memories of Christmas shopping in Darlington so don't diss it. But it looks like it's going to be Truro or Looe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the comment about Bruce lol. i actually pictured it. havent looked on here for a while Liz but glad youre still going. keep it up. Benjamin relentless x

    ReplyDelete