Tuesday 17 November 2009

I'm really fed up

14st 3lb. I would have to say that if I wasn't writing this blog, I would definitely have given up by now. I do not know what more I can do to lose weight. I have never in my life so constantly thought about dieting, exercise and general well being and made such slow progress. To say that I am pee'd off is an understatement. Ironically, at least 4 people commented on how much weight I've lost - I think the fairies are playing some cruel tricks.

Now my worry is that I am going away tomorrow to Derbyshire until Saturday and am bound to do some damage by the time I get back, even if I "behave".

Last month, in the middle of the lamb sales, his nibs suggested we book a city break for November. Last year we went to Copenhagen (fantastic), the year before, Bruges (excellent) and our first year together we went to Paris (he loved it, I hadn't got used to holidaying with him - it takes a bit of getting used to!). Anyway, the middle of lamb sales = exhaustion = "haven't got the energy to hang around an airport and traipse round a city just for a few days break" = "I just want log fires, long walks, pub lunches and a good book" = Derbyshire. Now, of course, all I want to do is go to Prague/Vienna/Rome. We are going to Ladybower Lake. It is a dreadful forecast - Met office warning for gales, heavy rain, etc, for the rest of the working week. He doesn't read. He doesn't like walking ("never stop walking when I'm farming" - true). He doesn't like "posh" hotels. He doesn't like fancy food. He's not good on shopping. He wants a museum that charts the history of steel manufacture in Sheffield - it may seem strange, but I don't.

Tonight he asked what time we were leaving. I was taking the ironing upstairs at the time and shouted, "The flight leaves at 10:50 from Leeds/Bradford so I suppose we'd better leave by 7" - look on the screen. I had left the computer on "Lastminute.com/citybreaks/prague". Hummm.

We are going to Derbyshire. IT WILL BE FUN. We are leaving at 9am to go to the Weston Park Museum in Sheffield (I've agreed to get it out of his system) and we'll take it from there.

I need to add here that his nibs is a truly lovely person and I love going away with him - he just has rather more basic ideas of a good break than me.

I will cheer up and not be a grumpy partner.

A few days off from my tediously slow progress. Back on Saturday. If I'm back up at all, I'll lie.

E xx

3 comments:

  1. Just keep going - you'll get the credit for your efforts eventually, it's just won't be smooth progress. Think of all the calories you'll burn with bracing walks in Derbyshire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even think of calories when you are on holidays - the word is banned. Enjoy every minute and unlike poles attract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok firstly i facebook stalked you lizabeth, yes i did because i am relentless, and after seeing beverleys remark i had to check out what was going on, im not here to blow smoke up your a***, or even tell you the stereotypical, youl do fine, keep going, because i think that is wearing thin (no pun intended) on you now, so i think you need realism and honesty. Before i left :( (sad times) i could see a difference in your size and attitude, now what is the whole point of your diet? is it to be healthy or to lose weight? because i think youre focusing too much on the numbers that the scales throw back at you too much. please read these, i found them especially, and keep going liz, remember, "obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal"
    www.nowloss.com/how-to-get-motivation-to-lose-weight.htm

    ReplyDelete