Thursday 5 November 2009

Day 5 Me month

Weigh day tomorrow. Enjoyed my diet so far this week and have been, almost completely, good. The naughty was the raspberry trifle at work today which was perched on the pudding counter and everytime I walked passed, it squawked "eat me, eat me" - unfortunately at times I couldn't resist! Not too many times but enough to bring on the guilt. I had some of the citrus fruit salad for breakfast and tomato soup for lunch.

When I got home, earlier than expected and with an hour to spare, I got changed and went off up the gill with Lucy. Sod would have it that today has been a glorious, clear autumnal day - really annoying when you are stuck in a hot, busy kitchen. However, have to earn a crust! It was starting to get dark by the time I was on the homeward stretch and I was ready for the paper and a cup of tea. I have made a discovery - if I walk upright and breathe in, I feel so much better - positive, slimmer and weirdly, less prone to be out of breath. Not that I usually walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame - but I do tend to motor on without regard to my general stance.

Tomorrow is my first real chance to do my own thing since starting Me Month. I have no work, no children, no partner to feed. I plan on a really good walk; thoroughly clean the sitting room (one room at a time); write at least part of my CV; find time to just "be" (hoping for the inspiration I'm expecting); sort out posters/fliers for the Advent in Askrigg events I am organising. I have to learn that not everyone lives by my "fly by the seat of your pants/leave everything to the last moment" method of life management - people seem to expect things of me. I do always get things done but not usually with much time to spare.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.

E xx

1 comment:

  1. Let us know if you get the chance to "be" and what it feels like.

    ReplyDelete