Monday 31 August 2009

Day 17 I'm considering a conspiracy theory!

15st 1lb. It's getting worrying - I can't shift passed it. I think there is something wrong with the scales!

However, the positive thing is that through blogging (it is really just talking to myself masquerading as writing to someone) I am sticking with this diet through this little hiccup, whereas under normal circumstances, I would have been well back in the trough by now.

Having said that, angel isn't really applicable today, despite the very best of intentions. Firstly, I made scones for the village produce show tea (I got a FIRST with my roses - first time I've entered - chuffed to bits!). Anyway, I'd made raspberry jam as well and when one half of the hot, just-from-the-oven, scone fell to bite sized pieces via the pot of still-warm jam, I just had to eat it. I am really sorry but it was in my mouth before I could remember that it wasn't supposed to be there. On the plus side, I did make lemon drizzle cake too and didn't pinch a crumb. Progress!

To make matters worse, I was testing a new pastry for Cornish pasties tonight (for my cook book). My Granny (Cornish) remembered that you didn't put much butter in it and she thought there was a little suet so I thought I'd better make something up. It was perfect - flaky, crunchy and light as air - with succulent steak and vegetables within. I only had a REALLY LITTLE END BIT, I promise, but I had to try it as it was a prototype, genuinely warranting testing. My partner suggested that I could eat a whole one as surely a bit of meat and vegetables wasn't fattening - they might not be too bad, but the pastry! Sin city.

I'm kind of resigned to the inevitable weight tomorrow morning...but you never know!

Exx

No comments:

Post a Comment