Friday 14 August 2009

first time I've ever blogged

I am a self confessed foodie - I love to cook, eat and drink. Taking wonderful smelling food out of the oven is one of life's delights. I am more than a little podgy - to put it politely!

However, enough is enough. I woke up this morning weighing 15st 8lb, filled with my usual degree of self loathing and thought, hum, time to stop.

I do this fairly regularly and start every day filled with determination. Sometimes I even make it passed breakfast. Occasionally lunch. Very occasionally supper. On incredibly rare occasions I go to bed with the sensation of hunger. Today, I took a fat pill (prescribed by the doctor almost a year ago) so that, in theory, I can't cheat - yet it's amazing how much sugar this sweet toothed woman can shovel down whilst avidly avoiding fat, kidding myself that I'm not cheating!

I excel in the art of self deprecation. I cannot accept a compliment. I feel my whole life will change for the better if only I could be slimmer. The sad fact is that I am a reasonably intelligent woman who thinks I am solely judged (negatively) by my figure. I truly believe that I walk into a room and everyone feels sorry for me because I am fat - how sad am I! I am a really positive person - with everyone else's life. I would never accept anyone putting themself down the way I do myself. Apart from anything else, it is so boring!

So, the time has come to take the bull by the horns. I am going to daily post my weight and events in the hope that public shaming will help. I will relate my little stories of a long term weight battle and see how we go.

Wish me luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment