Monday 24 August 2009

Day 10 Whoops!

15st 1lb. Fantastic, I stayed the same. Great start and one which you would think would set me up in buoyant, happy mood for the day. Not so. I was in a hurry so grabbed a piece of toast with honey for breakfast - not too bad but not sticking to my cutting down on bread. Did well at work although found myself pinching walnuts - they are of course very good for you, though not by the pound!
However, as the day went on I was taken over by the "need to graze" gremlins - whatever I ate, it didn't fit the bill. I could have eaten the kitchen table - if it had been covered in chocolate! I fought hard - I tried one square of dark chocolate that I had vaguely remembered seeing at the back of the ingredients cupboard - God knows how old but it didn't matter. I had another. Then a cup of tea in the hope that it would fill me up. It didn't. I tried concentrating on writing my book. I did at least avoid the biscuits.
Things got worse. We were having roast chicken for supper. I am trying not to fall into the trap of cooking separately for myself and the rest of the family, just adjusting what I eat with it. Now one of my favourite indulgences is a hot chicken skin sandwich - crispy, salty and dripping with butter. Mmmm. Heaven. The children don't even like chicken skin - it's criminal! I peeled it off and threw it to the surprised, delighted and certainly not complaining, dog - but not before eating some. I am really, really sorry. If roast chicken's could talk, it would have been saying, "eat me, eat me - don't waste the skin!" I had to obey. It was DELICIOUS.
Anyway, I was feeling guilty and cross with myself but I have to accept that I am not perfect - tomorrow will be better.
The scales are bound to punish. We shall see.
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment