Tuesday 6 October 2009

Well, I did say Wednesday

14st 9lb. I went downstairs this morning, got the scales out of the cupboard, stood in front of them and said (to myself), "this is not going to be good. You are going to have to lie". However, miracles of miracles, I had lost a pound. I even weighed twice to make sure. I just hope the deserved gain isn't saving itself for when I have been really good and have earned a loss.

Now I just have three pounds to go by Friday.

It is now Tuesday night and I was reading my promises to myself from 48hours ago. So far - I have not had a single mug of lemon water; haven't set foot out of the door with the dog; haven't played tennis at all (and Ben"therelentless"Smith has gone back to Leeds so I have no coach); I am more positive; I am still writing my blog late at night, could go to sleep on a clothes line in the day and the rest of the family will judge whether or not I'm grumpy.

So, only one out of five missions accomplished but there is time yet!

I have been researching following a diet and found an interesting website (http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/) which lists all the major diets and gives reports on each. I am tempted to become a member as it looks really interesting, is cheaper than any diet club and has loads of advice. I've done a free 24 hour membership which enables you to see what the site has to offer so I'll do some proper investigating tomorrow and will report back.

On a positive note (I said I was more positive!) I have put together a very strict detox type diet for the next 7 days. It will be good for me and will catapult me back into form. I am sick of the blob that confronts me at the moment. It is severe but is loads of fruit, veg, pulses, seeds, yoghurt etc - prepare for flatulence! I will either be glowing and full of energy or utterly exhausted by the end of the week.

Tomorrow I am going to fulfil at least three of my targets.

E xx
PS In celebration of the fact that I am starting a serious detox programme tomorrow, I have polished off what was left of the cinema sweeties that somehow made it into my handbag (probably kindly intended for the children - what a waste!)

2 comments:

  1. Am conscientiously following your progress and look forward to reading your blog every day. The detox plan sounds interesting as long as there is no cabbage soup involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as im not there to coach you tennis i thought id leave you with a quote i found just for you.

    Though your game is hardly the best
    You can fray your opponent's nerves
    By methodically bouncing the ball
    At least ten times before your serves.

    good luck Liz and dont give up

    p.s on a personal level

    My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like - just don't swallow it. ;) x

    Ben the relentless

    ReplyDelete