Friday 2 October 2009

End of week 7

14st 10lb. So, a 2lb gain this week. I am disappointed in myself and also worried that you must all be losing faith with me by now. Please don't - I'm as determined as ever and it's a blip.

After the disappointment of Wednesday, I had a really good day. I ate grapefruit for breakfast, a fruit salad for lunch (kiwi, orange & grapes) and salmon salad for dinner. Yesterday, during my 21 hours marathon at work, I ate the ends of a tea loaf, without butter at 6.30am; 2 pieces of toast with baked beans at 5.30pm then 2 pieces of toast with damson jam and a cup of tea at 2.30am when I got home. A friend suggested trying boiling water with fresh lemon squeezed into it. I am always concerned that I drink too much tea so I thought I would give it a try. Boiling water reminds me of school days at breakfast. For some reason I liked it - we had little melamine, pale green cups which gave the water a really distinctive smell and slightly sweet taste. So, yesterday, I had one cup of tea and then numerous cups of lemon water - I will keep it up as it is so much more pleasant than fruit teas. Hardly a nutritious day but not exactly calorific or naughty either!

We have been discussing how difficult it is to lose weight at work. One of my colleagues (who I call "the guru" because she knows everything about work at the Mart and is my right hand woman, but Ben calls "the terminator" because she is a machine that functions perfectly for hours on end without seeming to get tired!) suggested that I put weight on during these busy days when I work relentlessly without eating much, because I fry so much food that the fat is absorbed through my skin (I certainly smell as if I do - local dogs follow me up the street, sniffing as if I am edible). I quite like that theory, it makes me feel better!

I have just seen Stephen Fry on the television - he has lost so much weight and looks at least 10 years younger. He was asked what his motivation was for starting his diet - he replied that he didn't have one - he got a stomach bug and decided to carry on! Perfect.

I am really tired. Suffice to say, tomorrow is another day. This week I am going to do 4lb - 2lb for the gain from this week and 2lb for next week. I am going to exercise and enjoy healthy living.

More tomorrow.
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment