Friday 9 October 2009

Good, it's shifting

14st7lb. I stood on the scales five times - I had 2x14st7lb and 2x14st6lb. It was tempting just to opt for the 14st6lb (which did come up first, oh ye of little faith!) and decided to do a "best of five". So, I didn't quite make the target for this week but the detox has definitely helped.

Yes, I missed yesterday. I had planned to work all morning, clean at least a small part of this truly filthy house and then go for a walk with Lucy. I ended up doing the first two but then the garage phoned to say my car was ready for collection but would I like an oil change? I managed to get a lift to the garage to collect it - only to sit for one and a half hours for it to be actually ready to take. I hadn't grabbed a coat and so was chilled to the bone by the time I left. So, I missed walking the dog.

Food wise I have done really well for the last two days and haven't found it difficult. For lunch I made vegetable soup with onion, carrots, sweet potatoes, veg stock cube and then coriander added at the end. For supper, I bought everything I needed for a stir fry (onion, fresh ginger, broccoli, baby corn, mange toute, spinach, beansprouts, celery, prawns) and then decided to have the same for supper tonight as they are quite big packets and I would end up wasting too much. Anyway, it was very enjoyable and will be repeated. It makes such a colourful, attactive meal and is really filling. I haven't eaten meat for 3 days which I think is a first. I have been drinking water and lemon water and haven't had a single cup of tea.

The downside of this detox is that I had the most horrendous headache all day yesterday and a mildly nagging one today. Apparently this is normal. It's the lack of tea. It's not worth it and I have to confess to having made myself a cup to sit and write. It is perfect. I can't give it up and have therefore concluded that, what is the point of stopping now.

I wish I could say I felt fantastic. I don't. I ended up having "issues" with his nibs last night. I went to my monthly book group (I hadn't read the book for the second month running which was a little embarrassing) and when I got back, with the resident rotten headache, I said I was going for a bath. He instantly perks up and says, "Leave the water in, darling, and I'll follow you" with meaningful intonation. Sadly for him, a long, hot bath followed by an electric blanket heated bed only meant one thing for me - much needed sleep! Not a happy bunny!

The upshot of this mild altercation is I have concluded that he doesn't really like me dieting. He said yesterday that I have got my flat stomach now (less lumpy might be more acurate!) so why did I need to continue? The small matter of the shelf like backside which is still behind me, or simply the fact that I am still clinically obese? I know it irritates him when I sit down to eat a different meal (but I really can't slip toad in the hole with mashed potatoes & onion gravy into a detox, or indeed any, diet - I could do the vegetables but that wouldn't be entirely satisfying). Tonight he said that he is fully supportive of my dieting and has never said "I don't know why you bother, you'll never do it". Hummm, I don't recognize this support.

Anyway, I have decided to be a little less obvious about being on a diet. I am certainly not giving up. I am well back in the zone.

Big day at work tomorrow and then home to quickly degrease before going out to friends. She knows I'm trying hard so I'm hoping she has catered sympathetically. I'll offer to drive so that I don't need to make excuses not to drink. I will try to get on line but it could be doubtful.

Happy days!

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment