Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year, new job!

I have decided to do myself a favour and not weigh myself for a fortnight. This is because the excesses will not be pretty. Unfortunately, my new years' resolutions have thus far been: Sunday - diet starts tomorrow; Monday - diet really starts tomorrow; Tuesday - right, that's it - the diet, without compromise, STARTS TOMORROW!!! I am about to have a Baileys whilst watching Kill it, Cook it, Eat it (Piper's Farm, Devon - fantastic people!) and then, get organised.

The newspapers are full of NEW diets. Fantastic, easy, magically successful diets, never been done before. We know what to do - it's finding the energy, inclination, will power, control etc, to do it. I watched The Big Fat Diet Show tonight which was quite interesting - I am sure I could diet more easily if someone would open the 100 calorie shop - everything conveniently packed into 100 calorie packs. Perfect! Select 12 bags and you've got your food for the day. If only life was that convenient. The presenter did quote the old adage, "Fail to plan, plan to fail". So true.

Tomorrow I start my new job - working in an estate agents! I am going to be able to nose round lovely houses with legitimacy! I love houses and interiors as well as selling so maybe, at last, I could find my niche. The pinny has come off (almost) and sensible clothes need to go on. I am in a quandry there as I have very few acceptable tidy clothes but am loathe to buy too many in the hope (or, more positively, with the knowledge) that I am going to lose more weight. My budget does not allow for clothes that are only going to last for a month (how optimistic is that!). I went into a local dress shop last week and came out thinking that it is a good job I am a relatively laid back person with a sense of humour. Firstly I selected a top - the girl in the shop who is younger but not much, than me, said, "oh yes, Mum's got that one, it looks nice on". Mmm, not an auspicious start. Then I selected a skirt to which she let me know that she had it in a bigger size. As I walked towards the changing room, the owner asked what size I had got, I said a 16 and she replied that she had got it in an 18 if I needed it. Mmm, do you want me to buy anything? Would you like a sales course in making your customers feel good? I felt like leaping out of the changing room just to show them that it fitted! (but I had my jeans around my knees and walking boots on my feet so it wasn't a good look!). I bought the skirt and a good pair of smart boots, after it had been pointed out that they had buckles at the side which let out to fit larger calves - great! So, the hippo has a tidy outfit for her first day at work. Hopefully the snow will hold off long enough for me to get to the office.

All is well in the Guy household. We had a great festive period and are all in positive mood for the coming year. Going back to full time work, especially not self employed, is going to be a shock to the system but one that I embrace with enthusiasm. Time will tell.

THE DIET STARTS TOMORROW.....AGAIN!!

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment