Thursday 14 January 2010

Haiti - should I be worrying about my weight?

Looking at harrowing pictures of the devastation in Haiti, I feel a little shallow even contemplating my weight. However, just to bring you up to date (a bit briefly as busy - more in a minute) I have been really enjoying my new job and am finding food control easy so far. Yesterday I took a boiled egg, salad and banana.....and had indigestion all afternoon from the raw peppers (which I love but give me stomach ache) - well, at least, I think it was the peppers but it could be the fact that my waistband on my skirt is quite snug and I am sitting down all the time - I have a red wheal around my waist. Either an elastic waist or loss of an inch is called for. I left a chicken in the oven on timer for when I got in which worked well.
Today, I made some parsnip and celeriac soup BEFORE going to work which I had for lunch with an orange. Again, I set the timer for baked potatoes and a beef stew (made healthily) and had a yoghurt for pud. I am optimistic that I can crack it.
I am in a rush as trying to rally as many troups as possible for a COFFEE MORNING on Saturday 16th in ASKRIGG VILLAGE HALL in aid of the CHRISTIAN AID HAITI APPEAL. 10am kick off with raffle, cake stall, jumble, etc - need to raise lots of money for this horrendous tragedy. Obviously I appreciate those of you in India/Spain/France can't come, but if anyone is near enough and feels like a chatty morning, then get yourselves there.
I'm off but will be back at the weekend - fat bottoms are GOOD!!!!!!!!

E xx

3 comments:

  1. Well, personally, I don't think you should be worrying about your weight because we all like you just the way you are! I know what you mean about the guilt thing, but contemplating such shattering disasters as the Haiti earthquake doesn't make our own (perceived) problems any less worrying, and nobody could think you were 'shallow.' The coffee morning was fantastic - a great sense of community and friendship was engendered, the church was seen to be doing what it does best (bringing people together, and helping others) and everybody, I think, had a sense of shared commitment. Your energy and generous spirit are an inspiration to us all Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Credit to you for doing something and reacting so quickly in a positive way. Most of us just sit about saying "isn't that awful" (Haiti not your weight).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for generous comments - however, it was a community effort not just mine. One thing I will admit that I am good at is rallying already very willing people to action. Anyway Advoco, don't waste a fantastic brain just saying "isn't it awful" - do something!

    ReplyDelete