Tuesday 26 January 2010

last day as a cook

So, my time as the cook at the Auction Mart is over. I feel quite sad as I have really enjoyed it and will miss many aspects of it. As Sally, a commenter on this blog, said yesterday - "you can't take the caterer out of the girl"- I would agree. I am born to nurture and feed. I have said on many occasions, I love to gather people together and stuff them full of gorgeous, comforting food. However, I do think I am going to enjoy cooking again and hopefully, have a mess with a few recipes and styles. When I have had a day cooking at work, I don't feel like turning to and producing something beautiful for the family supper. I am hoping this is going to change - at least at weekends, if I have time between washing, ironing, cleaning etc - how do people work fulltime and run a house and family? Fun times ahead!

I am so tired my eyes are struggling to stay open. I was going to debate diet pills and their damage but I can't stay awake long enough. Suffice to say, we need a healthy balanced diet without the addition of chemicals, additives and other such unnatural things - keep off them and try harder.

The Davina DVD was great - I managed 11 minutes before collapsing in a chair exhausted - and 7 minutes of that time was the warm up!!! Improvements to fitness are urgently needed. My body is sad (my dog is sad as well and not understanding this lack of walking boots and coat - much neglected pup).

See you tomorrow.
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment