Sunday 13 December 2009

Time flies!

I can't believe it's last Wednesday since I last wrote a post.

I had an email a couple of days ago from a lovely "supporter" who happens to live in France - to make you even more jealous, in a fabulous house in a beautiful valley in France - urging me not to give up. Of course, my reaction was to reassure myself that I hadn't given up, I was just too busy/pre-occupied, etc, to write. However, the truth is more worrying. I am "off the boil" and I have been avoiding the scales. I suspect when I get back on them I will be pirouetting on one foot in an attempt to make the awful reality more palatable. It occurred to me today that, if I go on in this vein, I will be back up in the upper 14's by the new year and feeling sick as a parrot, disappointed/livid with myself and generally down in the dumps. Get a grip woman.

The reality is that my situation has drastically improved and I am in an excitable, positive mood. I have a new job! I am not going to go into too much detail yet (I'm still at that "pinch me" stage, where I think it could all be a bit of a fantasy) but suffice to say that the pinny will be no more and I am going to have to dress smartly for a change! I am going to be in an office with other people, feeling like a proper grown up.

The only down side of this new situation is that I am going to have to buy new clothes. My wardrobe allows me to look tidy at a funeral, uninspiring at a wedding and tidy but grease marked in front of an oven. I have nothing suitable. The down side is that a) I am not the 12 stone babe that I had planned to be by now and b) I am truly down to my last few pounds (£) with the turkey and Dad's Christmas present still to buy. I am going to hope for vouchers/beg from Bruce or sell my body. I have already planned my next book - it is going to be "A year of inspired, healthy lunches for those on the move" - I may have to shorten it! Already spotted the danger zones of office work - a) sat on backside a lot more than usual (no Lucy walks) b) there's a deli next door c) there's a Gregg's the Bakers opposite d) a One-stop sweetie shop across the road. Planning will be my saviour - as well as working with some very attractive women. I am soooooooo excited. More another day.

Yesterday, I made a meal for someone who is unwell and took it round on a tray. As I walked into the kitchen, her little darling doggie attached itself to my leg by it's teeth. It was told not to sniff my trousers - sniff! I held onto the tray for dear life as I attempted to guide the dog with my foot into the sitting room. So I have a small nip on my leg. This morning I decided to be a good partner and help with the feeding up - this involved a 7am start (on a Sunday) but to be honest, once I'm up, I love it, especially in winter when all the beasts are in the barn. As we went to leave, I was asked to take the landrover - big step up. Before I knew where I was, my foot had slipped on the door step and I flew up and landed flat on my back lying next to the vehicle. I have a very bruised backside (thank god I'm padded) and head (can't brush my head without wincing). Sympathy? Guess. No? You'd be right. I get up off the road, clutching rear and head. He asks what's up. I tell him. He laughs and says he thought he felt an earth tremor. Cheeky blighter. I'm now being cautious wondering what's the third event to be!

So, all well, all positive - including the probable and deserved gain in weight tomorrow morning. Get back on the horse, podge, or you'll regret it.

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment