Wednesday 2 December 2009

Lucy is not pleased!

No weight but it's a famine day...and it has been! I had a slice of toast with honey (no butter) for breakfast, some devilled kidneys without any sauce for lunch (no, it wasn't very appetising!) and an apple and orange for supper (and a glass of mulled wine at a Christmas fair!). Feeling oddly fine and not deprived - going to enjoy a normal day of eating sensibly tomorrow.

I have had a busy day sorting out the Advent windows and the Christmas Tree Festival as well as getting some work done. I have written a 3 day plan of action to work through. I am really excited at how well the festive events are developing - it seems that the whole village and outlying farms are pulling together.

Unfortunately, I have been so busy that Lucy and walking took a back seat. We only managed a quick nip up to the start of the Gill walk before it got dark. Her little face when I turned to come back instead of going through the stile, was a picture. Tomorrow will be different.

I had a new experience tonight. I was invited to go with a friend to a Taize service in Hawes. I was a little dubious about the meditation/quiet aspect as I am a bit of a one for enjoying a belting good hymn although candlelight always appeals. Well, it was beautiful. Quiet, relaxing, gentle, comfortable. Lovely. I would recommend it to everyone - a total digression from a busy life.

Calm, happy, with a flatter stomach.....good, good.

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment