Friday 4 December 2009

A strange thing happened today....

.....I forgot to eat breakfast!!!! At around 11am, I thought I felt a bit hungry and realised that I had got the girls off to school, got his nibs off shooting with packed lunch, then showered and went shopping for some cooking that I had to do today and missed breakfast! I think this is a first. In fact, I'm sure. I decided that, as it was 11am already, I might as well save my meagre calories for lunch (it's famine day). I was busy and didn't have time to sit down and relax so just made a slice of toast with peanut butter & jam again (it's good for you!) and then a bowl of blackberry and apple for pud.

It was a glorious day for the first time in a long time and I had a really good walk. Half way round, there was a big group of mid-teens whom I suspect are staying at the outdoor centre. They all set off up the hill singing at the top of their voices, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" - not in a cheesey, scouting kind of way (not that I'm anti-scout) but more of a rugby club after-match party, with girls! Anyway, it made me smile and think of my girls - full of youthful optimism and hope. Happy and fun they were but I was glad to see them going off up the hill in the opposite direction (on the short cut!), leaving me to continue on my contemplative way (I'm a bit into this quiet stuff after the Taize).

Tonight the girls have all gone out, leaving his nibs and I alone (which is rare). He is in the sitting room and I am pretending to iron in the kitchen - I actually want to watch the"I'm a Celebrity" final - guilty secret! Yesterday, he read from an article in the paper stating that research says that once you are a bride, you put on weight. I retorted with, "does it say that once you are a groom, you stop washing and generally lack an acceptable degree of personal hygiene?" He has difficulty grasping that deodorant is not just for special occasions or that showers are not only allowed if nookie is in the offing! Anyway, having sniped through the rest of the day, we agreed that it had to stop - we are now being nice to each other (I suspect a shower could be on the cards!).

Tomorrow there's loads to do (as ever) and then I have some girlfriends coming for dinner which I am really looking forward to. The two youngest have some of their friends coming too so it's a house full of females. It's my feast day anyway but I am going to try to control it - I'm planning baby almond baked Alaska puddings which will just have to be eaten!

Weigh day tomorrow. I'm optimistic.

E xx

2 comments:

  1. Can't say either X Factor or Celebrity are doing it for me at the moment. I wish you could send a baby alaska thingie through to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i have done that many times - missed breakfast. Sometimes i get up and quickly take my morning walk, have a shower, off to get the groceries and home to put away everythng and it is already about 11.30. I don't think brides put on weight becos we get careless etc, it's just that with two people, we tend not to skip meals and eat better. That's my excuse anyway

    ReplyDelete