Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas - no time for scales!

Well, I'm sure I could find the time for scales, but I haven't found the inclination yet. I promise to get round to it soon.

I left you as Bruce came in from the pub at midnight with a snowball. He threw it straight at me and it landed on my chin - from cosy, warm and comfortable to sodden in freezing snow in a second. Suffice to say, I am plotting revenge! The only problem is that whatever I do to him, it will come back to me with knobs on (in a manner of speaking). Any suggestions?

Actually, I haven't been too bad with food until last night when my brother, wife, children aswell as a friend renowned for excess alcohol consumption, came to dinner. As I pointed out when blogging last week, food on it's own is controllable, just, but, combine it with wine and all sense of reason went off with Santa. We had a buffet for a start which was laid out on the table at which we all congregated, which meant we just carried on picking. We had champagne before supper and then quaffed our way through far too much red, white, fizzy wine and then Baileys. Disaster. This morning I couldn't believe how many boxes/tins of chocs had been consumed, as well as nuts/raisins, vast quantities of cheese and even dates. I woke up this morning feeling like a blob (but with no headache - bonus!)

Tonight we are going out to dinner with a big group of friends so another challenge. A boozy bunch. I have a feeling that January is going to be very abstemious to make up for a very naughty December.

We have had a lovely Christmas. Although we have had loads on the calendar, it has all been non stressed and relaxed, full of friendship and welcome. I am so well aware that not everyone has the same sense of joy (and have been there myself). It's serious subject Sunday but I am not in serious mode so I am going to save my important lecture for another day. My lovely brother and nephew kept joking (at least I think they were) that they had to watch what they said as it would end up on my blog. At one stage, my nephew (aged 18) walked passed and mumbled, "oh god, that's one for the blog" but unfortunately, I was a little too inebriated to remember the incident - you're in luck Charlie!

Anyway, better get my map drawn up for the mouse hunt round the village tomorrow evening - hot chocolate and reindeer buns afterwards with games and singing in church - nothing too holy just good fun. The trees look gorgeous. I'll take some photos tomorrow.

E xx

I hope anonymous found the advent windows and has stopped having nightmares!

2 comments:

  1. You must throw away all thoughts of pounds and kilos during C'mas and New Year. The only kilo you are allowed to talk about is the weight of the turkey!! What is life if we cannot enjoy with family and friends during this lovely period. Me...I have C'mas, New Year and the Chinese New Year on Feb 14 2010 - I will be one good looking turkey by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a traditional Christmas of excess and overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete