Tuesday 2 February 2010

Crikey, it's been a week!

However, quite a good week and getting better.

I am now working full time in the same job and enjoying the strange sensation of being "normal". I woke up on Saturday morning, pottered round sorting washing and then set off to Northallerton for an optician's appointment. I have ordered a pair of glasses which look quite nice - or at least until I get them back with lenses in and I hate them, like I have every other pair I've ever owned. My youngest wears specs and really suits them - and really loves them too, which is good. I have never liked them but feel the need for a safety net if ever I can't wear my lenses. After the opticians, I went to Homebase and bought paint for the kitchen. In October, our boiler was removed from the wall in the kitchen, leaving an area of bare plaster. I don't know what it is other than familiarity, but, when it was first removed, I was horrified at the mess. A couple of months of inertia later and, to be honest, I didn't even notice it. Anyway, on Saturday I decided to get it sorted. I got home (in sunny weather) and washed the car for the first time in over a year and then painted most of the kitchen. It looks great and I felt knackered but satisfied.

Doesn't the above sound comfortingly mundane? Yes. It is. I am a normal working person with a routine. I love it.

Anyway, diet. Still not facing the scales but.....I will by Monday next. I have taken myself in hand. I have mother's overweight dog staying for a fortnight and his nibs won't take a stunted rotweiller-look a like on the farm. As I am out all day, I have to take her out before work. So I have been getting up at 6.45am, pulling on my trackies and trainers and going for a run!!! Well, a kind of run/walk/run/walk. Just a quick 20 minutes round the fields and I come in, eat a healthy breakfast of homemade muesli with fruit and then do a few bits and pieces and set off out for the day. I take lunch to work (yesterday ratatouille, today a rocket, pear and prawn salad) and have a sensible supper (yesterday same salad as today's lunch, today salmon and cous cous). This fabulous routine has been in place for all of two days but, I am feeling buzzy and good in myself and hopeful....again! I feel so good all morning after going out early but I do hate getting out of bed in the first place - especially as it is starting to forecast a bit of snow again - it's bloody cold!

So, weight next Monday. I am off to see an old school friend (she's not old) for the weekend. I haven't seen her for a few years so there'll be lots of gossip and I suspect lots of wine on the menu. She has just informed me we are booked into the gym first thing Saturday morning so good start. Really looking forward to it.

Positive thinking.

E xx

1 comment:

  1. Full of beans aren't you - good to see. Puts us all us other non-normal people to shame.

    ReplyDelete