Wednesday 3 February 2010

just had to post!

I am such an annoyingly positive, happy person (I'm not sure who I am annoying, but it must get someone!). It is so out of character for me - all this routine, planning, positivity - it surely must end soon. Today I was so busy at work, utterly engrossed and pre-occupied, that I forgot lunch - repeat, forgot lunch! It doesn't happen to me. I ended up eating a pear en route to meet a client. By the time I got home I was famished and could have eaten a horse (or Mum's fat pup) but I made a rocket (yes, I'm using it up!), avocado and prawn salad with a piece of brown bread (no butter).

I got up again this morning and went out for my run/walk with fat Polly. I took my pedometer which hasn't left the bathroom shelf for many months. I worked on the principle that 15/20 minutes of speedy run-walking, must warrant at least a mile. I got back in and excitedly checked the dial - 0.41 miles - what!! I am sure it's wrong and will test again tomorrow. The best thing about this little exercise spurt, is that if I feel like I am about to nick something tasty, I question what is the point of forcing myself up in the morning to go out in the cold, dark morning if I am then going to eat more naughty calories than I could possibly have burned. However, the distance thing set me thinking that, in actual fact, it doesn't really matter how far it is, the important thing is that I come back in feeling great - alive and ready for action. My skin is glowing - amazing, isn't it, what you can achieve in 3 days - I should bottle and sell it! So, if the distance run doesn't matter, does the same principle apply to the scales? Surely it does. If my waistband is less tight, top of my trouser leg looser and chins less wattle-like, does it matter what I actually weigh? I would say not. I appreciate that from a health/BMI point of view, actual weight is important, but in reality, a good body shape and healthy size (a 14 in my case would be nice) then that, to me, is most crucial.

However, I will weigh myself on Monday - but hope not to be demoralised.

Still positive!

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment