Tuesday 2 March 2010

Progress - kind of!

14st 7lb. So that's 5lb off in a week. Fantastic. I'm now back to the weight I was in, ooooh, I can't be bothered to look but I suspect November! Anyway, back on the road. Went to the docs today - when I rang to see if I could have a repeat prescription, they suggested that maybe a two year gap was a bit long so I had to go in. He was great and agreed with my admission that I am just not making progress, as I have NO self discipline. I need a kick start.
On Saturday night, I went to hear an Irish band in the village hall (there were two of them - one from Darlington and the other from Doncaster!) and sat next to a lovely friend who I haven't seen since Christmas. OH MY GOD! She looked stunning. She's a strikingly attractive woman anyway but she looked fantastic. Glowing, healthy skin. Finely honed cheekbones. Massive smile. She says she feels utterly brilliant for the first time in years (her husband seemed to think she was a bit of a sex pot as well - VERY attentive!). She has lost 3 stone in 7 weeks. She hasn't had solid food in the whole time and can't have any for another few weeks yet. She's doing the LighterLife diet which is liquid only (judging by her healthy looks, it must be vitamin enhanced). It is an investment (it's expensive) but, if you can afford it and it changes your life, it must be worth it. I suppose you are meant to be so delighted with the new you that introducing food again means you'll do it sensibly to maintain the new you. However, I can remember how I felt when I had lost weight 5 years ago and how I vowed never to put it back on but the lure of the "naughties" beat my resolve. It's a trial. It's tempting to say that "it's not natural", "a quick fix", "not teaching you good habits" - but looking at her lovely smiling happy face and you would find it hard to criticise.

Oh, and when I said that if I could afford it, I would be tempted to give it a try, she replied that I couldn't because you had to be obese and have at least 5 stone to lose, so I wouldn't qualify. Hah, I've always suspected I look thinner than I am!!! I could lose 5 stone obviously and still be in a "healthy" weight - I would look ill but be clinically healthy!

So, on with the pills. Cheating in theory I know but they don't actually magically make you lose weight, just stop you being able to eat fat ie cut out temptation.

Bruce has started lambing so can't take Lucy in the mornings - walking is my responsibility for a while. Good. My fitness is rock bottom (and sadly, my bottom isn't like rock).

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment