Thursday 4 March 2010

On the pills

Started the pills.....and grumpy! Attitude goes along way and I seem to have been at odds with myself all day and as a result, nothing has gone right. Bruce is amazed, my colleagues are amused and the children openly laughing as I have had my first not perfect day at work. I made stupid mistakes and should have been able to do far more than I did without asking for help.

Then I got home and started a risotto with roast chicken for the children (they had friends too). Softened onion, red peppers and mini leeks in olive oil and poured in the rice. Thought it smelt a bit odd before realising that I'd used pudding rice instead of arborio. Now I know you can make rice pud with arborio but not so sure about the other way round. Rather than risk the only veg I had, I picked it all out into another pan and started again. Not happy, especially when I had to pick out a small spoonful before putting in all the lovely, melting mature cheddar. Anyway, it went down well enough (I had salmon - delicious).

To make my day worse, my lovely friend on the liquid diet has lost another 6lbs in the past week and has now lost 3st 4lb in 9 weeks. I want that diet!!! I am sure I couldn't stick with the very harsh regime and the no solid food rule, but, possibly having seen her morph into this gorgeous being (she was before, just bigger) I could be pursuaded...if I had the money. I do admire her resilience and her stamina.

Anyway, diet good. Mood bad. Tomorrow is another day. Going to bed early with "Cutting For Stone" - one of the best books I've read in ages.

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment